NPSH tests are performed in a completely closed-loop system, incorporating a separate 10,000 gallon recirculation tank and a 4,000 gallon supply tank, utilizing screens and baffles. The Type II – Single-Stage test determines the NPSHR for a constant flow rate by regulating the NPSHA via the vacuum system. The NPSHA is gradually reduced until an overall drop of the total head meets the 3% industry standard required to indicate cavitation.
- Tests include a complete Single-Stage performance test ranging from 10 gpm to 8,000 gpm capacities.
- Three tests consisting of seven points at 80%, 100%, and 120% of the design flow rate required to properly bracket the NPSHA – vs – NPSHR values.
- Precise pressure regulation controlled by an external vacuum system.
- Accurate readings of suction pressure, discharge pressure, temperature, and motor speed are recorded at each flow rate.
- Tests meet and exceed HI 22.214.171.124 and HI 126.96.36.199 testing standards.